Plumbing Studies - Level 2 Diploma
Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
Entry Requirements: 3 GCSE's at grade D/3 or above (or equivalent)
The aim of this course is to provide you with the skills, underpinning knowledge and a broad understanding of Plumbing and heating systems. You’ll explore the roles and responsibilities of the people who work in the industry and the possible career progression routes. There will also be opportunities to work on projects in the community and to gain real work experience.
This course is designed to develop your practical skills, knowledge and understanding of Plumbing and heating systems and the construction industry in general. It explores the built environment and the wider issues of sustainability and the impact the Construction industry has on the environment.
By the end of this course, you will be confident that you have developed the skills required progress into employment in the Plumbing industry.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Plumbing principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Plumbing is a rewarding, challenging and creative career. There is a great sense of satisfaction to be able to provide a service that is long lasting and will bring pleasure or functionality to everyone.
- Practical Assessments
- City and Guilds on-line multiple-choice test
The assessment covers the knowledge and practical requirements of the unit and assesses all learning outcomes to verify coverage of the unit.
Externally set assignment, locally marked and externally verified.