COVID-19: Advice & Guidance
Further information and guidance is available on the Government website - click here
Lateral Flow HomeTesting
We encourage all students to Lateral Flow Test at home twice a week. Home testing kits have been sent home with all students today via their tutor. Full instructions are within the packs.
Key details below:
- Test on Sunday AND Thursday night each week
- Log the details on the NHS website as directed
- Student confirms in tutor time that the test has been completed each Monday and Friday
- Tests are voluntary, but highly recommended and encouraged
How to’ video is in the BACA Buzz and also be viewed below:
Please remember that these tests are for the students. Families can access tests for themselves via:
- Your employer
- Local testing site: https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
- Local collection points: https://find-covid-19-rapid-test-sites.maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
If your child, tests positive, you need to do the following:
- Follow NHS guidance
- Isolate for 10 days
-Request a PCR test to confirm the result (if this comes back negative, you can stop isolating, unless you have symptoms)
- Confirm to the school ASAP, so we can review close contacts for further isolation. Please continue to not send your child in if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
1. A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
2. A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot more than an hour, or 3 or more
coughing episodes in 24 hours. (If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
3. A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot
smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please report your child's absence, clearly stating the reasons for the absence, via the attendance line 01273 645104.
Key letters sent home to parents/carers can be accessed here
The latest information from Public Health England is below.
Need support or information for dealing with bereavement and young people?
Who to contact?
Winston’s Wish website and National Helpline 08452 030405
Cruse Bereavement Care website and National Helpline 0808 808 1677