Year 8 Options Evening: Thursday 1 February 2018, 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Over the next two weeks, year 8 students will begin the process of choosing their subjects for their KS4 (e.g. GCSE and BTEC) study programme, which they will begin in September 2018.
The process will include:
- Careers Day on Friday 26 January. This will involve a number of workshops and outside speakers who will open our students’ minds to future career paths. This followed by:
- Options Assembly, where teachers will introduce their subjects. Students will receive an Options Booklet with further information about the subjects on offer.
- Options Evening on Thursday 1 February, for students, along with their parents and carers, to have individual discussions with teachers about their potential options and career paths. This is also an opportunity to discuss the student’s progress in these subjects to date.
- Options Form, for students to nominate the subjects they would like to study. The form will be distributed at the Options Evening on Thursday 1 February.
- Discussions with tutors, subject teachers, Heads of Year and BACA’s Career Advisor.
The final deadline for the return of Options Forms is Friday 9 February. Those students who do not return their form by this date may find that their first preference subjects are no longer available. Letters confirming allocated subjects will be sent during Term 4. This normally takes about four weeks to process.
As this is an important part of the young people’s future, we look forward to seeing you at the Options Evening on Thursday 1 February.