Welcome to BACA!
At BACA we recognise that the transition from primary to secondary school is an ex
citing time, but can also be a daunting one for both students and parents alike.
To help with the transition from primary school we have an extensive programme in place coordinated by the our designated transition team. They ensure that all students receive a positive, informative and motivational experience before starting at BACA
We want to make sure this significant step in your child’s education is smooth and supported. As a school we aim to help students:
Develop new friendships as they start their new school
Settle well into secondary life by offering many activities, after school clubs and revision groups
Understand and adjust to the many different routines associated with secondary school
Enjoy studying the variety of new subjects at secondary school and meeting new friends
Year 7 students will be provided with lunch (free of charge) on their first two days at BACA.
Please be aware this handbook will be updated for entry into September 2023.
Equipment & Uniform
As a minimum students will need the below equipment for lessons:
- Pencil Case
- Black pen× 2
- Green pen× 2
- Scientific Calculator Casio FX83gtx or fx85gtx
- Glue stick
BACA blazer and ties and PE kit can be purchased from Sussex Uniforms. All other items can be purchased from any retailers as long as it adheres to the correct colours and lengths.
- Blue blazer with Academy logo
- White blouse/shirt (please note underwear should not be visible through the shirt or blouse)
- Academy tie (Top buttons of shirts are to be fastened and ties must be worn knotted correctly at full length) If ties become graffitied and/or are purposely damaged – this will result in the school requesting that the tie be replaced with a new one.
- Grey Academy skirt (must not be lengthened or shortened and the waistband is to be visible, under no circumstances should the skirt be short enough for underwear to be visible when moving around all areas of the Academy)
OR grey Academy trousers
- Plain thin black belt, not a fashion belt (if required)
- Black leather/leather type school shoes which can be buffed to a shine, black leather trainers are acceptable- such as Nike Air Force. We cannot accept - Nike Huarache, Vans, black converse, no canvas shoes, basketball trainers, no high heels, and no boots.)
- Black/blue tights (plain) Tights must not have holes or ladders. Leggings are not permitted as a substitute for tights.
- Blue/Black socks (plain, no frills)
- Coat or waterproof to be worn over blazer (Hoodies, sweatshirts, a zip up jumper/cardigan or tracksuit tops that cover the uniform are not appropriate outer coats).
- Winter hat, scarf or gloves when it is cold to be worn outside (not in corridors or in lessons).
*Caps are not permitted.
Uniform from May half term:
Grey Academy skirt and grey Academy trousers may be replaced with grey tailored shorts as the BACA uniform page on Sussex Uniforms (PE or sports shorts are not permitted). Students may be allowed to remove their blazer during periods of hot weather, students will be notified within school if this is the case. All other uniform requirements remain the same.
Blue or black socks
Academy sports shirt
Academy tracksuit trousers
Take a virtual tour of our facilities!