Main School Open Evening 2021/22
Our main school open evening will take place on 29th September 5-8pm. To sign up please click here. We will then be in touch with a time slot.
BACA operates under the Brighton & Hove admissions criteria for secondary schools.
Key dates in the admissions process and information on how to appeal can be found in the guide to Secondary School Admissions.
For more information, please contact the Schools Admissions Team, at Brighton & Hove Council, on 01273 293653 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can visit the Brighton & Hove Council Website.
The academy is offering places for up to 180 Year 7 students in September.
- Download the Admissions Policy
- Download the Yr 7 Admissions Form (Microsoft Word)
- Download the Yr 7 Admission Form (PDF)
- Complete the Yr 7 Admission Form Online (editable PDF)
BACA Registration Forms:
Digital versions (editable PDF):
- Complete the digital Parental Consent Form (editable PDF)
- Complete the digital Medical Information Sheet (editable PDF)
- Complete the digital Administration of Medicine Consent Form (editable PDF)
- Complete the digital Allergy & Intolerance Form (editable PDF)
Printable versions (Microsoft Word):
- Download a printable Parental Consent Form (Microsoft Word)
- Download a printable Medical Information Sheet (Microsoft Word)
- Download a printable Administration of Medicine Consent Form (Microsoft Word)
- Download the printable Allergy & Intolerance Form (Microsoft Word)
View our Home - Student - Academy Partnership Agreement here.
From time to time, places at BACA become available in different year groups. If you're interested in obtaining a place for your child, please contact the School Admissions Team on 01273 293653 or via email: email@example.com.
Please note that places are subject to availability within the year group that your child would transfer in to.
In order to ensure the transfer progresses smoothly, detailed information will be collected from the student’s current school regarding their academic grades, additional needs, attendance and behaviour.
Arrange a tour
To arrange a personal tour of the Academy, please contact us on 01273 691191 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACA College offers places for up to 450 students. To apply to BACA College, please submit a completed application form either by post or email.
By post send to:
BACA College Admissions
Brighton Aldridge Community Academy
By email return to: email@example.com
Where the number of application for admission is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the following criteria. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is names on the statement the criteria will be applied in the order they are set out below (for a detailed description please refer to the school's Admissions Policy):
- Children in public care.
- Compelling medical or other exceptional reasons to attend the school.
- Children who on the closing date live in the catchment area and who have an older brother or sister on the roll of the Academy at the time of their admission.
- Children who on the closing date live in the catchment area.
- Other children. If none of the above priorities applies to your child, he/she will be placed in this category.
In line with DFE guidance, we are currently consulting on changes to our admissions policy. The consultation will run until January 29 2021. Please find information on our Admissions Consultation page - click here.