The Academy is split into four houses: Centaur, Gryphon, Minotaur and Pegasus.
All students and staff are allocated to a house. The aims of the house system are:
- To foster team spirit, collaboration and a sense of family across year groups
- To incentivise positive behaviour for learning and celebrate positive individual and group performance
- To provide a stimulus to intra-mural sports, creative arts and enterprise activities
- To stimulate collaboration between staff from different faculties and parts of the school
- To complement and strengthen existing individual rewards and celebration initiatives
- To give leadership opportunities to older students and further integrate the BACA College sixth form into Academy life
HOUSE EVENTS & ASSEMBLIES
A calendar of house events and regular assemblies are in place to give students plenty of opportunities to contribute to their house point totals in a number of ways both in and out of the classroom. These include points for: subject led challenges, sports competitions, reading group rewards, attendance rewards, and commitment to after school enrichment and independent learning challenges. The house system also supports the development of student leadership within the academy with the appointment of house leaders, as well as opportunities for BACA College sixth form students to lead challenges.
House cup champions 2019: Centaur
House cup champions 2020: Pegasus
House cup champions 2021: Gryphon
See some of our house challenges below.