Junior Leadership Team (JLT)
The main aim of BACA’s Junior Leadership Team (JLT) is to work as a team with the Principal, staff and students to create a better school life beneficial to the educational and personal development of all students.
We do this by:
- Encouraging all students to constructively identify and express their needs.
- Helping develop a sense of mutual respect and responsibility in all students.
- Representing the views of students on matters of concern to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Enhancing communication between Senior Leadership Team and staff to students.
- Communicating with student voice groups from other schools.
The JLT meet every other Tuesday during break 2.
Working with the Senior Leadership Team
The Junior Leadership Team each link with a member from the Senior Leadership Team to support them in specific areas of research and work. Here are some examples of the sorts of things we have looked at in the past:
- Student involvement in planning lessons. For example, suggesting ideas to make lessons more interactive and including different ways to learn.
- Working with BACA’s Business Manager to look at ways to promote healthier choices by students in the canteen.
- Involving students in thinking about ideas to support transition from primary schools.
- Linking with the curriculum lead teacher to look at student options and choices for exams.