Notice for Year 11 Students, Parents and Carers.
Update on OCR GCSE English Literature (J352/02) Error
In one of this year's GCSE English Literature exams there was a significant error made by the exam board OCR. In response, OCR will carry out the following actions so that students are not adversely affected.
1. Students will have responded to the erroneous question in a variety of ways. Accordingly, OCR examiners will take into account, and award appropriately, all possible ways of responding.
2. OCR will use statistical analysis to quantify the evidence of negative impact.
3. The mark scheme will be adjusted.
4. Once all of OCR's investigations are completed the exam board will consider setting different grade boundaries.
5. After results are published in August, all students will be entitled to a free copy of their marked exam paper so that they can see how their marks have been awarded.
We will release future updates as these become available from OCR, but if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact the BACA English Department.
Exam information and guidance:
Please review the documents below for more information and guidance regarding exams:
- BACA Exam booklet
- Information for candidates - on screen tests
- Information for candidates - written exams
- Information for candidates - controlled assessments
- Information for candidates - social media
- Information for candidates - privacy notice
- Information for candidates - GCE, ELC and Project qualifications - coursework assessments
- Study tips
- No mobile phones poster
- Warning to candidates