BACA College Celebrates Exam Success
Brighton Aldridge Community Academy (BACA) College students and staff are celebrating A-Level and BTEC exam results today as they maintain 100% success rate for A-Level passes at A*-E. Other results include:
- 80.8% of entries in vocational subjects received the very highest grades of D*/D (an increase from 72% the previous year)
- 37.5% of students achieved 3 or more grades of A*-B or equivalent.
All students were successful in securing their apprenticeships, university places and careers for the future. Additionally, students studying applied general courses and vocational courses achieved outcomes at one grade higher than expected.
Each sixth form student achieved exam success with excellent individual performances that include:
- Tristan Kibble achieved a double distinction star in Creative Media and a distinction star in Entrepreneurship, which was gained in part through starting a successful business while still in his first year at sixth-form. He plans to continue his education at the University of Bristol.
- Hannah Lee will use her A in English Literature to study at Portsmouth University.
‘The atmosphere (at BACA College) was welcoming and there was a real feel of community. I studied Literature which I plan to continue studying at Uni.’ - Hannah Lee
- Finley Thomson, who was a member of the Aldridge Cricket Academy, plans to take a year to travel the world and achieved a distinction star in Business Studies and double distinction star in Sport.
- James Fielden achieved a double distinction star in Creative Media which he will use for his Level 6 Apprenticeship (equivalent to BA Hons).
Dylan Davies, Principal at BACA, said, “We are proud of the passion and determination we’ve seen our students put into their courses, they truly deserve their successes. We wish each of them all the best as they progress on to achieve their career aspirations.
We are also excited by our continually expanding offer that provides students with world-class sporting facilities, an award winning specialist creative digital media academy, industry sponsored Construction Academy that offers apprenticeships, and access to some of the most successful sporting organisations locally and regionally. Our new partnerships with BIMM and BRICTT will add further opportunities for students to work and excel in the
Creative Performing Arts and Music industries. The outstanding industry connections at BACA College help launch students into combining their personal passions with the apprenticeships, universities and careers they desire.”