The Football Academy programme aims to provide students with a far-reaching experience of a number of career pathways within the sport. The programme is based on skill and tactical development, strength and conditioning, competitive matches and non-playing opportunities such as officiating and coaching.
The programme aims to:
- allow players to develop their football skills alongside their academic qualifications
- develop a wide range of skills required to be successful at the highest level in football
- experience many areas involved in the whole sport of football and build an understanding of sport science, sport management and coaching
- introduce players to different environments and cultures through trips and tours
- forge strong links with local and national clubs and organisations to provide players with clear and appropriate pathways.